Friday, August 10, 2012

Super holiday in the Netherlands

Working windmill at Dokkum on August 8, 2012

Well my family and I are back home in England after a super holiday in the land of the pirates. We arrived back at around 0200 this morning after 11 days in the Netherlands, visiting lots of free radio friends and enjoying some great times.

As we drove home from the port at Harwich, we stopped for a few minutes and checked the portable Sony with little loop antenna and we heard Barones, Spakenburg, Meteoor and Monte Carlo in the car! All with good signals as well!



A visitor in the Radio Zeewolf studio on August 3, 2012

I would like to say a very big thank you to everybody we met during our holiday, especially to Barones, Zeewolf and Relmus who were kind enough to let me, my girlfriend and daughters stay in their houses and looked after us very well. Also, many thanks to all the pirates who were kind enough to show their studios and take us on visits to other pirates. It was very much appreciated. 


The Relmus mast pictured at midnight on August 8, 2012

Check back soon as I will be adding recordings and videos from the holiday . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment