Saturday, September 08, 2012

Top marks at last!

Thursday was a busy and long day at work for me and I did not arrive home until late. So, after something to eat, it was time to go to bed. 

I keep a Sony 2001d and a small loop antenna in the bedroom, so before going to the land of sleep I thought I would make a quick check at the top of the mediumwave band. And I was very pleased I did . . .

Booming out of the receiver with 55555 was Monte Carlo... a really tremendous signal. And then, when he closed down, Radio Spakenburg came on air, again with the maximum signal. For some time now, the operator of that station has been trying to be heard in England with top marks, and now he has done it!

I made a few short videos of the reception of Spakenburg. 

Firstly, with the radio on the bed (Lisa was already asleep and the radio did not wake her!) . . . 



Then with the radio next to the bed . . . 





And finally, listening to Spakenburg with the lights switched out . . .



As well as Spakenburg and Monte Carlo, plenty of other stations were coming in very well on the portable receiver. I also heard: Santana, Jeneverstoker, Pandora, Utopia and Casablanca

No comments:

Post a Comment